A wave of pleasure for every generation!
|Program (activities and courses) Fall 2018|
635 Rue Cadieux
819-425-8614, ext. 5000
|Schedule||7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|The Complexe aquatique will be closed from August 20 to September 9 inclusively to allow its annual maintenance.|
For information on registration and on the programs, visit www.complexeaquatiquemont-tremblant.com.
The Complexe aquatique de Mont-Tremblant is a sports facility where every generation is welcome. It was designed as much for families, people with reduced mobility and amateur athletes as it was for elite athletes.
The building, whose total floor surface area is 3,865 square metres, houses the following facilities.
A semi-Olympic swimming pool (20.4 m by 25 m)
- Eight (8) lanes, including two devoted to free swimming
- A one-metre diving board
- Two stairs with handrails for safe access
- Hoist for persons with impaired mobility
Recreational pool (10 m by 10 m) with deck (5.5 m sur 8.9 m)
- One stair with handrails for safe access
- Pirate ship
- Water games: trio of buckets, aquadome, bubbles, water tunnel and sea serpent
Cardio training room
- 8 treadmills with running simulators
- 3 simulators / cycling / IRONMAN course
- 10 bicycles with iPad / virtual courses
- 9 training bicycles
- space for stretching
In the context of Québec’s policy for integration of the arts with architecture, Paryse Martin has created, for the complexe aquatique, the work called simply Plouf!
Composed of thee bronze sculptures installed on three bases made of rusting steel (Corten), the work is an allegory celebrating engagement in going beyond, in “Throwing yourself into the deep end” when necessary, both in sports and in life in general. This, at least, is what some will imagine when they see this highly narrative work which both young and old will enjoy interpreting for themselves.