Plan for architectural establishment and integration (PIIA)
The identification, in the bylaw concerning plans for architectural establishment and integration (PIIA), of certain territories or certain categories of projects that will be subject to qualitative evaluation at the time of the request for the permit or certificate, allows the municipality to ensure the quality of the establishment and its architectural integration while being mindful of the specifics of every situation.
This more flexible approach to evaluation of the projects, using criteria rather than standards, promotes the search for innovative solutions in an open exchange between the municipality and the promoters.
The approach is particularly appropriate when it's a matter of controlling development and construction in sensitive parts of the territory, whether it concerns a densely populated area where the interest is architectural or related to town planning, or a sector still characterized by its natural environment.
It is well suited to larger scale projects for which it is desirable to ensure a certain unity and harmony, (for example, development of a new district, introduction of a particular project of construction, modification or occupation) or to those in areas of particular interest (for example, a historic district or a wooded area).
Thus, in a natural milieu, the municipality may seek establishment of vacation properties more respectful of the site, vegetation and topography. Similarly, in a historic district, the architectural integration of the buildings or of modifications to the existing buildings may be a priority.
This approach also widens the scope of the powers accorded by virtue of the Loi sur les biens culturels (LBC) allowing the setting of conditions for issuing a permit relative to a historic building or in a zone of particular interest.
Sectors subject to a PIIA are principally those close to major access roads such as Highway 117, the road to Brébeuf, rue Léonard and chemin Duplessis, and those close to major traffic routes inside the Ville such as the rues de Saint-Jovite and Labelle, the montée Ryan and the chemin du Village. Certain specific sectors have also been targeted, such as the Tremblant Resort sector and that of the Domaine Saint-Bernard, for which the objectives of their PIIAs and their evaluation criteria are distinct.
A PIIA applies for projected construction on sloping lands, on mountainsides and on mountain summits. This PIIA is particular in that it does not apply to a given sector but covers a large part of the territory. These evaluation criteria target the preservation of the natural milieu and the quality of the landscape and scenery.
For information: Town Planning Department, at 819-425-8614, ext. 2400.
Progression of a request for a permit subject to a PIIA
Filing of the documents* at least 15 days prior to the meeting of the town planning advisory committee (CCU) - see calendar below
Analysis by the Town Planning Department by an inspector (the project is analyzed using an analysis grid; you may obtain a copy of the grid from the Town Planning Department)
- Analysis of your file by the CCU
- Recommendation by the CCU to the municipal council
- Decision of the municipal council
When your documents are filed, an inspector is assigned to your file. Don't hesitate to contact him to follow the progress of your request.
*Documents to be provided :
For each request, the documents files for reproduction must be of a maximum size of 11 x 17 inches, and to scale.
- Study of the file Free
Calendar for filing of documents for a request for:
- Minor exemption
- Architectural establishment and integration plan (PIIA)
PLANS FOR ARCHITECTURAL ESTABLISHMENT AND INTEGRATION (PIIA) : Criteria and evaluation chart (in French)
Mapping applications sectors PIIA
Mapping was slightly modified by regulatory amendments please refer to the Règlement (2008) -106 on PIIA.
Objectives and criteria (rubrics)
- PIIA-01 Tronçon central et quadrilatère institutionnel
- PIIA-02 Portes d'entrée principales
- PIIA-03 Fenêtre sur le lac Mercier
- PIIA-04 Noyau villageois
- PIIA-05 Tronçons de transition villageois / villégiature
- PIIA-06 Rivière Cachée
- PIIA-07 Secteur sud du lac Tremblant
- PIIA-08 Base sud
- PIIA-09 Versant Soleil
- PIIA-10 Domaine skiable
- PIIA-11 Site du patrimoine Beattie-des-Pins et noyau patrimonial
- PIIA-12 Corridors de villégiature
- PIIA-13 Corridors de commerces structurants
- PIIA-14 Corridor de commerces de spécialité, d'hébergement et résidentiel
- PIIA-15 Secteurs de commerces lourds
- PIIA-16 Carrefour stratégique montée Ryan / rue Labelle / chemin du Village
- PIIA-17 Tronçon à requalifier
- PIIA-18 Tronçon de villégiature et récréotouristique
- PIIA-19 Fenêtre sur le lac Ouimet
- PIIA-20 Corridor agricole
- PIIA-21 Domaine Saint-Bernard
- PIIA-22 Golf Manitou
- PIIA-23 Domaine de la Plantation
- PIIA-24 Lac Jolicoeur
- PIIA-25 Terrains en pente, flancs et sommets de montagnes
- PIIA-26 Complexe hôtel Spa Franceschini
- PIIA-27 Ravage de cerfs de Virginie
- PIIA-28 Parc industriel