SPECIFIC PROCEDURES FOR THE MUNICIPAL COURT AND FOR TAXATION
Payment by telephone remains possible. If you do not have a credit card, you can obtain a prepaid credit card.
If you communicate with the municipal court, your file will be evaluated and analysed to determine if you are eligible for a payment agreement.
If your licence is suspended, you may telephone the municipal court and make the payment as noted in the procedure previously mentioned. When payment is received, the notice will be electronically recorded at the Sociétéd’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ – Quebec’s Motor Vehicle Bureau) and the penalty will be removed.
For persons who have signed a promise to appear following execution of an arrest warrant, please do not appear in spite of what is indicated on the warrant and instead, communicate with the municipal court.
APRIL 2 SESSION:
- What is suspended: All scheduled cases have been postponed by the judge. Notice of a new hearing by mail should be sent to the defendants.
- What is maintained: A request for a stay in the execution of a judgment (Article 255 of the Code de procédure pénale) is the only procedure considered to be urgent.
PLAN IN EFFECTFOR CONTINUITY OF MUNICIPAL COURT SERVICES IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19
PERIOD IN QUESTION: From March 19, 2020,up to and including April 3, 2020.
- Special guiding principles set out by the Associate Chief Justice of the Court of Quebec, who is responsible for municipal courts.
- The judge, in collaboration with the court administration, must contemplate special measures to ensure that essential services are maintained.
CONTESTATION (PLEA OF NOT GUILTY)
If you plead not guilty, you must complete and send to us the response form included in the report. In this regard, you will also find an addressed response envelope.
If you no longer have the response form, the envelope or both, you may send a simple letter telling us that you wish to plead not guilty and including in it your name, your contact information and the number of the occurrence report, which you will find at the top centre of the report and at the lower right.
The response form may be sent:
- by mail;
- by email;
- by fax;
- by deposit in the mail box at city hall (black box outside the main entrance.
For any further information, please communicate with the municipal court using the following information.
1145rue de Saint-Jovite
Mont-Tremblant, Québec J8E 1V1
Phone: 819-425-8614, extension 2316