The Ville de Mont-Tremblant will help its ratepayers deal with financial issues arising from the COVID-19 crisis. The town and agglomeration councils have met to pass measures that will make payment of 2020 municipal taxes more flexible as to timing.
A by-law modifying by-law number (2001) -03 on the terms of payment of municipal property taxes and compensations in order to grant a respite to taxpayers due to the impacts of COVID-19 was adopted at the extraordinary session of the March 26.
- Compilation administration of the regulations on the payment of municipal property taxes and compensation
New payment schedule
The 2020 tax new payment dates are:
- June 1st
- July 31
- September 30
- November 30.
Postdated cheques will be cashed in accordance with these new dates, not on the earlier dates written on the cheques.
Interest and penalties
On March 19, the Council decided to suspend interest and penalties on tax arrears until May 31, 2020. Subsequently, it was decided to set interest rates at 8.5% (rather than 12%) and maintain the suspension of penalties at 0% for the period from June 1 to July 31, 2020.
You may settle your account as follows:
- By telephone using a credit card or prepaid credit card: by exception, the Ville will authorize this payment mode;
- In chartered Canadian banks;
- By internet through your financial institution;
- By mail;
- By cheque, depositing it in the city hall mail box (black box outside the main entrance).
In spite of what is indicated on your tax account bill, payments by debit card and in cash are currently refused.
1145 rue de Saint-Jovite
Mont-Tremblant, (Quebec) J8E 1V1
Telephone: 819-425-8614, extension 2301