The occupation of firefighter is, according to surveys, the most appreciated by citizens. While there are risks, there are also exciting challenges for those who want to make a difference in the lives of people in danger and distress.
The Fire Safety Department of the Ville de Mont-Tremblant is made up of four permanent firefighters and 41 part-time firefighters.
When hired, the firefighters must already have a diploma from the École Nationale des Pompiers du Québec at level Pompier 2. After that, they must take part in a variety of training/education programs to perfect their knowledge and meet the requirements of the Fire Safety Department, such as:
- operation of the fire engine
- use of the “jaws of life”
- response involving hazardous substances
- various rescues
- operation of the ladder truck
- fire prevention techniques
- training in fire safety
- management of a response and a fire department
Since June 2006, a program has been in place that will gradually install a duty officer in the fire stations and make available six on-call firefighters who must remain on the Ville territory during periods determined by the Fire Safety Department.
The duty hours and on-call hours are divided equally among the firefighters and vary according to the time of year.
Are you interested in meeting the challenge?
If the occupation of firefighter interests you, you may apply as follows:
- Complete the online form which is in French; it is also available at city hall reception at 1145 Rue de Saint-Jovite.
- Send in your curriculum vitae.
You can bring your documents to city hall or mail them to the following address:
Ville de Mont-Tremblant
Service des ressources humaines
1145 Rue de Saint-Jovite
Mont-Tremblant, Québec J8E 1V1