Reopening of shelves to users
As of September 2, the Samuel-Ouimet library will once again welcome citizens to its shelves to select their books.
Users will be able to report to the main entrance door of the Town Hall (adjacent to the rear parking lot) according to the following schedule:
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A maximum of 10 people will be admitted at the same time in the library. If this number is reached, users will have to wait outside the library for a space to become available.
The document pre-order system remains in effect for those who prefer to order their books in advance and pick them up by appointment. Click here to complete the Online reservation request form.
- No access to computer stations and furniture.
- Mandatory hand disinfection upon entry.
- Wearing a mask mandatory for 10 years old and over.
- Keep a distance of two (2) meters at all times from people who do not live under the same roof.
- Observance of respiratory etiquette at all times.
The Du Couvent library will remain closed for its part until further notice. Subscriptions to the Du Couvent library will be honored at the Samuel-Ouimet library.
Interlibrary loans are not available until further notice except for the Du Couvent and Samuel-Ouimet libraries.
The Ville de Mont-Tremblant libraries offer their 2,500 subscribers a collection of nearly 50,000 books, subscriptions to dozens of newspapers and periodicals, computer stations, a Wi-Fi network, workspaces and Peaceful reading, as well as a warm welcome by experienced staff.
5 bookish seals
Our libraries are proud to display their 5 Book Seals, the highest score awarded in the BiblioQualité program of the Réseau Biblio des Laurentides.
Membership and fees
- Residents: free of charge
- Non-residents: $70 per person per year or $140 per family per year
- Anyone wishing to become a member must present a piece of identification that includes both name and address.
- Young people under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must advise library staff of any change of address.
- A $5 fee will be charged for replacement of a lost membership card.
- Please note that each library issues its own card.
You have the right to seven documents (books and periodicals) for a three-week period. Your membership card is required for borrowing of any document. To renew your book(s), go to the lending desk with both your book(s) and your membership card in hand. You may also proceed via Internet on the website Réseau des BIBLIO des Laurentides, using your personal identification number (PIN). You must return the items to the library from which they were borrowed.
- Books: 15 cents per book per day
- Periodicals: 15 cents per periodical per day
- Maximum $15 per item
In the event of loss or damage, the cost of the cultural property will be charged plus a $7,50 administration fee.
If you wish to obtain a novel, documentary or any other volume not found on the shelves, please make a request to staff. They will reserve it for you or request it from another library.