1891 - 1910, Beattie-des-Pins sector (Rue Labelle)
Somewhat removed from downtown and close to the old railway line, this more English-speaking district, then called Saint-Jovite Station, became the headquarters of Canadian International Paper late in the 19th century. Most of the buildings still exist, providing examples of the American style of architecture of the period.
1892, former Saint-Jovite railway station (855 Rue de Saint-Jovite)
This building was moved to downtown Saint-Jovite in 1997 by George Kelleger, a local heritage enthusiast, to give it more visibility and save it from demolition. It marked the relaunch of Old Saint-Jovite. Thousands of travelers still stop on the platform to enjoy a snack or meal or to admire the fresco that tells the story of the time when the P'tit Train du Nord used to arrive here crammed with skiers.
1904, Mont-Tremblant railway station (1892 Chemin du Village)
The Mont-Tremblant railway station, rebuilt using the original plans for the building, welcomed the skiers who arrived to swoop down the slopes of Mont-Tremblant Lodge. Now it’s a cultural centre attracting both locals and visitors. - Crédit photo: SOPABIC
1939, Vieux-Tremblant, in Mont Tremblant Resort (Chemin Kandahar)
Right in the heart of Eastern North America's #1 ski resort, Vieux-Tremblant (Old Tremblant) bears witness to the era of Mont-Tremblant Lodge. Built at the end of the ‘30s by eccentric American millionaire Joseph Bondurant Ryan, these buildings were inspired by the Québécois architecture of the Île d'Orléans (Island of Orleans) and give a very special French provincial flavour to Vieux-Tremblant.