If your project does not fully conform to the bylaws with respect to its placement, for example, you may request a minor variation. This latter allows acceptance of projects which are just outside the norms while respecting the philosophy of the bylaws.
Progression of a request of minor variation
- Complete the form (in French)
- Include all documents as listed on the back of the form including the fee of $550 or $2000 for 6 derogations and more, non-refundable.
- Submit a file:
- in person at the Town Planning Department (1145 Rue de Saint-Jovite) where you could meet with an inspector who will ensure that your request is correct and that documents are included
- or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The documents must be submitted at least 15 days before the meeting of the advisory committee on town planning (CCU).
- Analysis of your request by a Town Planning inspector
- Analysis by the CCU
- Recommendation by the CCU to municipal council
- Decision of the municipal council.
Bylaw 2008-108 sur les dérogations mineures (minor zoning variations – in French)