(in French only)
Ouvrir le menufermer le menu
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • youtube
  • instagram

Regulatory Revision| Development Issues

Read the notice

Minor zoning exemptions

If your project does not fully conform to the bylaws with respect to its placement, for example, you may request a minor variation. This latter allows acceptance of projects which are just outside the norms while respecting the philosophy of the bylaws.  

Progression of a request of minor variation 

  1. Complete the form (in French) 
  2. Include all documents as listed on the back of the form including the fee of $550 or $2000 for 6 derogations and more, non-refundable.
  3. Submit a file:
    • in person at the Town Planning Department (1145 Rue de Saint-Jovite) where you could meet with an inspector who will ensure that your request is correct and that documents are included
    • or by email:

The documents must be submitted at least 15 days before the meeting of the advisory committee on town planning (CCU).


  1. Analysis of your request by a Town Planning inspector
  2. Analysis by the CCU
  3. Recommendation by the CCU to municipal council
  4. Decision of the municipal council.


Bylaw 2008-108 sur les dérogations mineures (minor zoning variations – in French)

Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l’Occupation du territoire