The evolving nature of the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic is forcing the Ville de Mont-Tremblant to adjust the measures put in place to battle the spread of the disease, while optimizing services provided to citizens in a safe situational context. Here is an update on some of the measures introduced.
Skating rinks and ice slide
Due to the large number of people using our outdoor rinks and the ice slide on Lac Mercier, making social distancing difficult to respect and practise, Mont-Tremblant has realized that it is forced to reduce access to these facilties
As a result, the rinks and slide are reserved for residents and for resort visitors and seasonal residents of the full area of the Ville, including Lac-Tremblant-Nord, from Saturday, January 16 until further notice. Persons aged 16 and over must show proof of residence (driver’s licence, public service account, Vivre Mont-Tremblant card, etc.). Leases will not be accepted.
“It was important to council to ensure that the citizens of Mont-Tremblant and Lac-Tremblant-Nord have safe access to the slide and the skating rinks. With this measure, we provide them with priority status, which is completely natural in view of the fact that they are the ones who pay for these facilities. People from surrounding towns are still welcome to enjoy our other outdoor facilities, which remain open to the general public. I would like to remind everyone, however, that non-essential inter-regional travel must be avoided,” explains Mayor Luc Brisebois.
While the practice of group activities, including hockey, has been banned by the Government, Public Health has specifically required that the Ville de Mont-Tremblant ban hockey sticks and pucks on the rinks. As a result, these are no longer permitted until further notice.
Please remember that skating and other outdoor activities must only be practised alone or within one’s family bubble.
In order to promote access to online resources for Mont-Tremblant students, the Samueal-Ouimet Library will place at their disposal two computer stations and two places having WiFi. service.
- reserved for students who reside in Mont-Tremblant;
- student card required (except for elementary school students);
- reservation required (819-425-8614, ext. 2700 or firstname.lastname@example.org);
- maximum of two persons per station (from only one family bubble);
- one reservation only per day, for a maximum time period of three hours (renewable according to availability);
- mask must be worn at all times;
- no food or drink allowed;
- young people aged 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
The municipal court has reopened its doors to the public. It is requested, however, that you use distance payments whenever possible:
- by telephone to 819-425-8614, ext. 2316 with Visa or MasterCard credit cards, or Visa Debit card;
- by cheque or postal money order by mail;
- via Desjardins or Banque Nationale financial institutions.
If none of these options is suitable in your situation, the counter remains open to serve you.
Court sessions will be held as anticipated. Only persons who have been summoned will be authorized to enter the courtroom. No accompanying person will be admitted, with the exception of witnesses.
For persons having functional limitations, a police officer will take over for the accompanying person at the entrance to the courtroom.