What to have in your kit:
- food (non-perishable) and a manual can opener;
- personal articles (copies of birth and marriage certificates, passports, permits and licences, wills, acts of ownership and insurance);
- a copy of your emergency plan;
- a wind-up pocket flashlight or one with batteries (and extra batteries);
- a wind-up or battery-powered radio (and extra batteries);
- copies of your residence keys and car keys;
- first-aid kit;
- personal hygiene items (for all family members);
- food and medications for your pets;
- amobile phone and charger.
To purchase a 72-hour kit from the Red Cross or for the full list of articles, click here.