Several precautions must be taken into account when talking about inflammable products. Used or stored improperly, they can cause a fire or serve as a powerful accelerant during a fire.
- Never store or use these products near a heat source.
- Never get rid of gasoline in the drains of the house.
- Always use propane appliances outside the home, unless they are designed for use in the home.
- In such cases, ensure that the room is well ventilated and remain vigilant.
- Do not use gasoline to light a fire in a fireplace, wood or charcoal stove, or a charcoal barbecue.
Ministère de la Sécurité publique (in French)